Friday 21 February 2014

LII. Troglodyte Fun

The frist couple of Troglodytes can be called done. The paintjob was inspired by Arthur Rackham's illustrations, so I used mainly washes and glazes with a little highlight in the end. And the most extreme shadows were lined in using Typhus Corrosion. Yes, Typhus Corrosion. It is perfect for the job: it's a nice dark brownish shade, it flows well but sticks exactly where you put it, it has a perfect level of opaqueness, even a little texture...  I'm so happy I discovered this. The only drawback is that it is terribly unkind to brushes, so I wouldn't recommend using it with your finest sable.


They are such great sculpts. Most of these buggers will be good out of the box, with just their metal weapons swapped with bones. I'm planning to add a shaman and some sort of a big leader type; those two will require some more extensive converting.


And another Bell-ringer. This brings their nubers up to six (if we include the Devil). His crude club still has leaves attached.




 *   *   *

If you happen to be in Zagreb between February 27th and March 9th, you'll have a chance to see my miniatures in person. My club UMS "Agram" is having their annual exhibition at Vladimir Horvat Gallery, Trg žrtava fašizma 14, Zagreb. Some of my terrain and crews will be displayed there, among other things. And in the evening of March 5th I'll be there demoing Malifaux. Drop by if you're in town. : )


 *   *   *

9 comments:

  1. Nicely disturbing work as always! Got the Typhus Corrosion as well recently - haven't tried it yet though. Think I need to /Hans

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always, fantastic work, dark and atmospheric. Interesting idea for using Typhus Corrosion for shading, will have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic, as always. I really like what you did with those troglodytes. I've been eyeing the kit ever since you first mentioned the idea of doing these conversions, seeing your work really makes me want to progress on that project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wish I was in the area, would be super cool to see these minis in person.

    Very nicely painted indeed. As always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really really cool models. Your painting style is stunning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice work, took me a min or two to realise that they were originally the Hobbit Goblins, the weapon swaps are such a simple conversion, yet so effective.....

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.